Pajama and Book Drive Resources!
We’d love for you to have your own PJ (and/or book) Drive or Event to help us help the children! We thank you in advance for helping us. Please contact your local chapter or our main office to learn where to send your donation. Click on the links below the pictures to view and download each item.
So You’re Having a Pajama Drive or Planning an Event!
That’s great! We thank you so much for helping us meet our goal of providing 1 Million Good Nights to children in need by December 31, 2015.
Pajama Program, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, provides New Pajamas and New Books to children in need. What makes for a good night? For most children, bedtime is a time of comfort, love and security. A time when children crave intimacy with their moms and dads, a few minutes of bonding and sharing in a safe, secure environment. But for the millions of children living in poverty in America, a good night is a luxury they do not often experience.
The One Million Good Nights campaign will allow Pajama Program to essentially double its current capacity to distribute an additional one million new pajamas and one million new books to reach more children in need throughout the country.
Here are the Instructions:
- The Pajamas and Books need to be New, Unused, and the pajamas should be a complete set or nightgown.
- Decide which age range you want to collect for:
All ages, infant - 18yrs old
Children from infant to 5yrs old
Children 6yrs - 12yrs old
Teens from 13yrs - 18yrs old (up to adult size XXXL)
- Decide where people can drop off/send the new pajamas and books. You can decorate a box, or multiple boxes with fun wrapping paper to make it festive. You can have them sent to your home, or work with your employer, or a religious or community center that can hold onto the donations until the drive is finished.
- Our Logo, as well as Posters, Signs, Brochure, and Invitations can be downloaded from our website and used by you in promotion of your drive.
- Once the Drive is Complete, report the donation on our website:
- We cannot provide pickup service for donations, however, within 7 days we will contact you with a receiving organization that would love your donation. We will provide you with a contact name and number to arrange a convenient drop-off time of your donation.
If you are planning a Pajama Party or Event for Adults.
There are lots of reasons to give parties and any one will do! Some creative ideas include a Spa Party where your friends come over IN their PJs and bring child size PJs to donate, then you give each other manicures and pedicures. Some groups even bring professionals to give spa treatments. Have a wine event, or play bingo, the proceeds of the event can purchase PJs to donate, or you can have people bring PJs and Books.
If you are planning a drive or event with children.
It is always fun to have them each purchase PJs they would wear, and books that they like, and donate those. This way the children feel a connection to the project and the recipients. “Pajama Day” at their school or at a group meeting is a great way to get the children into the spirit of the project!
Don’t worry, We also accept monetary donations.
For some people it is easier and welcome to donate money instead of PJs or Books. They can do this a number of ways:
- write a check to Pajama Program
- Donate online at
- They can start a fundraiser at
And Remember financial donations are tax deductable. If you want to send your donations directly to Pajama Program, please include a note with theyour name, address and number of pjs and books you collected.