Board Member Verbal Engagement
The following is language you may consider when you’re engaged in conversation about the work of Pajama Program.
[ELEVATOR PITCH 1] Sleep is fundamental to well-being. We all need it, but children need a lot more. But there are millions of kids in America who do not get enough sleep each night, and the challenge grows with children experiencing adversities beyond their control, like poverty. At Pajama Program, we’re on a mission to ensure that every child gets the sleep they need to thrive. Learn more about us by finding us on social or going to pajamaprogram.org.
[ELEVATOR PITCH 2] At Pajama Program, we’re committed to nurturing children for a better night’s sleep. We provide tools directly to children, like new pajamas, books, and teddy bears, that help them grasp bedtime cues and shed the stress of their day. We also work with the influential adults in a child’s life, like parents, educators, and caregivers, to provide trainings and workshops to help create lasting changes at bedtime so children can get the adequate healthy sleep they need to thrive. Learn more about us by finding us on social or going to pajamaprogram.org.
[ELEVATOR PITCH 3] Pajama Program’s impact is clear: we help children sleep an extra 30 minutes every night. With over 4,000 community partners nationwide, we’ve delivered nearly 8 million new pajamas and books to kids in shelters, community centers, and classrooms. We’d love for you to join us in making Good Nights for Good Days a reality for all children. You can learn more about us by finding us on social or going to pajamaprogram.org.
[ELEVATOR PITCH 4] At Pajama Program, we promote equitable access to healthy sleep so all children can thrive. We believe that just like proper nutrition and exercise, quality sleep is crucial for a child’s development. Our organization equips children with the materials, information, and support necessary to have Good Nights for Good Days. You can learn more about us by finding us on social or going to pajamaprogram.org.
- Pajama Program collaborates with parents, educators, and caregivers to bring lasting changes to bedtime routines.
- Factors like poverty and the absence of a comforting bedtime routine can impede healthy sleep for some children.
- Pajama Program’s work is to ensure all children can have Good Nights for Good Days by leveling the playing field.
- Pajama Program’s approach centers around building bonds between children and caregivers to provide comfort, safety, and trust at bedtime.
- Pajama Program provides tools such as new pajamas, books, and teddy bears to help children understand bedtime cues and reduce stress.
- Pajama Program offers training and workshops for adults on effective bedtime routines and sleep-promoting strategies.
- Pajama Program’s efforts result in children sleeping an average of 30 minutes longer each night.
- Through a network of 4,000+ community-based partners, Pajama Program has delivered 8 million new pajamas and books to children.