Three Simple Steps:
Collect new pajamas, new books and/or money.
Report the result to your local chapter or our headquarters via our online donation form.
Distribute: We will soon reach out with information about a drop-off location where you can deliver your donation.
How to Plan a Pajama and Book Drive
Pajama Program is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides new pajamas and new storybooks. Snuggling up in cozy, new pajamas with their very own new book, these children are given a secure and nurturing “good night” at bedtime. You can help by organizing a drive to gather new pajamas and books for the children who need them most.
Starting a drive:
- Pajamas and books need to be new and unused, and the pajamas should be a new, complete set (top and bottoms).
- Decide which ages you want to collect for:
- All ages, infants to 18 years old
- Infants to 5 years old
- 6–12 years old
- 13–18 years old (pajamas up to adult size XXXL)
- Identify places where people can drop-off or send the new pajamas and books. You can decorate a box (or multiple boxes) with wrapping paper to make it festive. You can have them sent to your home, work, religious or community center that can hold onto the donations until the drive is finished.
- A poster, brochure and invitation can be downloaded below and used by you to promote your drive.
- Once the drive is complete, report the donation on our website to learn where to send your donation.
- We cannot provide pickup service for donations. However, within 7 days, we will contact you with a Community Partner that would love to accept your donation. We will provide you with the contact name and number to arrange for a convenient drop-off time of your donation.