We’d love for you to have your own Pajama and/or Book Drive or Event to help us support every child’s right to a good night! We thank you in advance for your support. Please contact your local chapter or our main office to learn where to send your donation.
For information about our Book Donation Policy, click here.
Three Simple Steps:
Collect new pajamas, new books and/or money.
Report the result to your local chapter or our headquarters via our online donation form.
Distribute: We will soon reach out with information about a drop-off location where you can deliver your donation.
How to Plan a Pajama and Book Drive
Pajama Program is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that promotes and supports a comforting bedtime routine for children to help them thrive. Every night in America, too many children go to sleep uncertain of what tomorrow will bring, compromising their health, school performance, and emotional well-being. You can support our mission by organizing a drive to gather new pajamas and books for the children in your community.
Starting a drive:
- Pajamas and books need to be new and unused, and the pajamas should be a new, complete set (top and bottoms).
- Decide which ages you want to collect for:
- All ages, infants to 18 years old
- Infants to 5 years old
- 6–12 years old
- 13–18 years old (pajamas up to adult size XXXL)
- Identify places where people can drop-off or send the new pajamas and books. You can decorate a box (or multiple boxes) with wrapping paper to make it festive. You can have them sent to your home, work, religious or community center that can hold onto the donations until the drive is finished.
- A poster, brochure and invitation can be downloaded below and used by you to promote your drive.
- Once the drive is complete, report the donation on our website to learn where to send your donation.
- We cannot provide pickup service for donations. However, within 7 days, we will contact you with a Community Partner that would love to accept your donation. We will provide you with the contact name and number to arrange for a convenient drop-off time of your donation.