Pajama Walk FAQ
PLEASE NOTE: We are not permitted to accept donations on the day of the Pajama Walk.
- A. We ask all attendees to arrive at the starting point between 12:30-12:45 for check-in. We will begin crossing the bridge at 1:00.
Q. How long will the walk take?
- A. Approximately 60-75 minutes.
Q. Are children allowed to participate?
- A. We welcome children of all ages but ask that they are accompanied by a parent or guardian if the child is under the age of 16.
Q. Can I fundraise but not cross the bridge, and still come to the following activities?
- A. Yes. Activities begin at approximately 2:30pm after we cross the bridge. You can meet us at Brooklyn Borough Hall.
Q. Do I have to wear my pajamas? Can I wear my clothes instead?
- A. We encourage everyone to walk in their pajamas, but you can wear your usual attire if you prefer.
Q. Is there a rain date in place?
- A. No, we walk rain or shine.
Q. Can we wear slippers for the walk?
- A. We recommend comfortable walking shoes, especially in case of bad weather.
Q. If I fundraise, do I have to participate in the walk?
- A. You are not required to attend. However, it will be a lot of fun, so we highly recommend you do!
Q. Do we have to fundraise a certain amount to join the walk?
- A. There is no fundraising or donation minimum to participate.
Q. I have young children—will there be facilities for them?
- A. There are a few public restrooms on both sides of the bridge you can access, and there will be restrooms at Borough Hall.
Q. Is there a map of the meeting place?
- A. We have a map on our website: View Here
Q. Where is the starting point?
- A. We will meet at Chambers and Centre Street on the southwest side of the street. Look for a large group of people.
Q. Can we bring strollers to the walk?
- A. Yes, you can bring strollers on the Brooklyn Bridge.
Q. Can we bring team signs, banners, shirts, etc. on the walk?
- A. Yes, we welcome them.
Q. Do we have to fundraise in teams?
- A. No. You can form your own team, join an already created team, or fundraise as an individual.
Q. When is the fundraising deadline?
- A. Funds can be raised up until a week after Walk day.
Q. What do I do if I have a check or cash donation?
- A. Please mail your check or cash donation to the following address:
Attn: Daniel Leventhal
114 East 39th St., Ground Floor
New York, NY 10016
When you mail the check/cash, please note in whose name the donation is made. Pajama Program will update your fundraising page.