Three Simple Steps:
Collect pajamas, books and/or money.
Report the result to your local chapter or our headquarters.
Distribute: We will soon reach out to arrange for a drop-off time and location of your fundraising event / drive, to properly distribute the materials.
How to Plan a Pajama and Book Drive
Pajama Program is a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides new pajamas and storybooks. Snuggling up in cozy, new pajamas with their very own new book, these children are given a secure and nurturing “good night” at bedtime. You can help by organizing a drive to gather new pajamas and books for the children who need them most.
Starting a drive:
- Pajamas and books need to be new and unused, and the pajamas should be a new, complete set (top and bottoms).
- Decide which ages you want to collect for:
- All ages, infants to 18 years old
- Infants to 5 years old
- 6–12 years old
- 13–18 years old (pajamas up to adult size XXXL)
- Identify places where people can drop off or send the new pajamas and books. You can decorate a box (or multiple boxes) with wrapping paper to make it festive. You can have them sent to your home, to work or to a religious or community center that can hold onto the donations until the drive is finished.
- Our logo, as well as posters, signs, brochures and invitations, can be downloaded from our website and used by you in the promotion of your drive.
- Once the drive is complete, report the donation on our website.
- We cannot provide pickup service for donations. However, within 7 days we will contact you with a receiving organization that would love to take your donation. We will give you the contact name and number to arrange for a convenient time for you to drop off it.